A downloadable game
TOMBEAUX will have its official launch on Friday, September 14th at the Phipps Center for the Arts in Hudson, WI. Shortly thereafter, it will be available for download here.
Note: I will be donating 100% of the profits from Tombeaux right back to protecting the river which it is based upon*
Tombeaux is a first-person exploration game set in a historically accurate 3D environment. Developed as a solo art, design, and research project by Dave Beck, this interactive historical experience investigates the convergence between cultures and the environment across a few hundred years of midwestern American history. Through exploration, the player discovers various unique objects, environments, and narratives, all of which cause reflection upon our history and our future.
Unique points about the game:
- Realistic exploratory world
- Historically researched and presented narrative and events
- Environment transforms in reaction to progress in game
- Game Audience: All ages, including non-gamers and gamers
- Focus Issues: The human nature to desire control, environmental awareness, and historical consequence
- The game is meant to be an artistic experience & concept for the player
- Solo Project by Dave Beck
Visit the game's site at: http://www.tombeauxgame.com/
*The donation will be made to the St. Croix Watershed Research Station, in order to continue to support research on the river and the Artist at Pine Needles Program, from which this game was first envisioned.
|Published||Oct 12, 2015|
|Release date||6 days ago|
|Made with||Unity, ZBrush, Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Audacity|
|Tags||3D, artgame, Exploration, First-Person, history, Narrative, Story Rich, walking|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Interactive tutorial|
|Links||Homepage, Blog, Steam Greenlight, Twitter|
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.